Friends

How Small Markets Yield Big Profits

It seems logical that a greater market work more money you make. Not so!

So maybe if youyou have McDonalds or Walmart . But look at your job. They happen to be in many local markets. In fact in my town there are 2 Walmarts, one on one side of the city, one to another. They were hammering on the domestic market.

In 1987 I started in real estate brokerage business in New York. I started with CB Richard Ellis big commercial company. They told me that when I started that if I listened to what he said and followed his program if I would succeed if I tried to do it my way I would succeed.

I do not know any better so I did it my way. They told me to choose a specialty, leasing office space, retail space, industrial space for sale or investment property. I choose the sale of investment properties.

They put me with 2 other guys who specialize in selling small and medium-sized properties. The program is for 20 blocks market, get to know each property owner, to provide them with free market info, and more work exclusively marketing properties for sale.

area that I had worked 350 5-6 story buildings. My orders to contact each owner by phone every 6 weeks or eight contacts per day via telephone. Some days I made ​​my contacts 09:00 a few days it would take to 18:00.

Within nine months I was pretty well known in my market. After 18 months I have been fixing and starting to dominate my market. Within 36 months I have to control their markets. I had all the lead is often a listing agent for more than 50% of assets for sale.

What we found is that those who did not follow the program failed quickly. We also found that focusing on larger markets such as the 500-600 building has resulted in poor performance. Return to the original 350 buildings and the performance went up a lot.

such as new sales agents came to focus on the private market, agents have begun to work together on properties outside of their specialty. Sales began to rise.

We felt like the peasants who worked the land. As the harvest increased wind blew the seeds into neighboring countries and more grew.

plan works in all markets, each specialty.

Now that I have moved to e-commerce I am applying the same strategy. I work focused on the market. Although my market is great my specialty is narrow. I could easily expand its product line, but I focus on trying to sell more of the same. Basically I just sell the product 4.

I think that customers like my job, because I know my products and my market. I provide a valuable service for them, they tell me.

As I network my blog I'm finding positive results quickly. Because I am so highly specialized that I find relevant bloggers have accepted me.

My focus is to segment the market for decorative concrete floors. I'm quickly developing relationships with bloggers furniture, carpet, bloggers, blogs, concrete countertop, the other focusing on the design of a hair salon and others to blog about the development plans restaurant floor cleaning or provide resources. The list goes on.

I'm working on trying to help contractors to divert their business. Those who follow the concept of specializing in small markets, they see their business succeed.

do not mind the business. Individuals can only do so by focusing on small markets is critical. Large markets can only be profitable with a collection of individuals who work to small markets.
The way businesses are built, a small market on time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment