Friends

That New Car Smell - Tales from the Darkside in Austin, Texas

If you're anything like me, I love that new car smell. There is no smell quite like the whole world. I think that the carmaker guys spend a lot of time to increase because they know that makes us buying a car faster than Margaritas on Cinco de Mayo. It's the same strategy of fast food guys use. You know what I mean. You drive and has a short and skinny guy in the fast food uptake Fanning the burger and fries smell so you can not help but stop and buy a burger and Figgy Biggie Fries. The problem is that it is only about 1 hour after your done woofing food before you, you can not go into Biggie burgers and about 1 month before you wish you did not go to Super Daddy's Western Auto.

That's the thing about it. The new cars look like a savvy move when you buy them, because for only $ 349 per month + VAT + + title below you can have a big car. I can never quite get the final price of the lease, however, since I can not add up all those plus signs. They make my head hurt calculator. I have to go to the dealer where the leasing SuperCalc 5000 computers, which still informs me that my real price will be $ 100 or $ 200 more per month! This is especially true after I make ice cream soft option Serve Coffee and lilac fragrant narcissus lambskin cover.

I bought a new car in almost ten years, and my car still run like new. Ok, I have a shop full of auto professionals who care about them, but the reality is that I still fix them when they break. But even if you are paying normal shop rates, I can not figure out how the new car has won the battle of financial planning.

Let's do some simple math. You could go out and buy a 4-year-old cars and spend say, $ 15,000. Or you could buy the same car for $ 30,000 + taxes + more more insurance. In this example, you could at least save Delta about $ 15,000 or $ 3,000 for each of the next five years. $ 3,000 is quite a safety cushion for the annual repair bills. When was the last time you've spent so much on his car in a given year? Add to the fact that you can buy an extended warranty and your risk drops even further.

I know, though, a little devil in your ear and still begging you to buy a Cayman - S. Hey, I have my eye on him. It looks as sharp performer and sexy as well. And maybe the ladies at the end we will admire even as I push my gray hairs from my eyes as I ask them to repeat the compliments because your hearing is not what it once was. Ok, back to reality.

a good grocery store can be your best friend, if you decide to make a financially prudent thing to buy pre-owned vehicles. local shop, owned by families or individuals, get to know you and your car, as it is serviced (if they are any good at what they do). This is a great thing and a big benefit of the places with large shiny buildings that you can not remember his name or last name, when you come in. You know kind of places I'm talking about where you will pay the repair bill and some nice young lady pulls up the microphone and says: "Please bring 10-10-1948-23-3029 the front, the customer waits ".

The smaller shop, it is much different. Your car will probably be there, parked and ready for you to drive and shop manager will simply hand you your keys and thank you for your business and is likely to know how your name. Small shops will also get to know your car's history, so you can prevent problems down the road and servicing things early before they turn into big problems. And if it is really big store, the same mechanic will work on your car every time, so it is a base of knowledge in your head about your car -. it can be far more effective than just what is put in a computer database,

Well that's it for today, I have to go do other things now. But I hope you enjoyed my story and thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment